Let your mind be still,
for the wisdom you seek
is like that butterfly over yonder.
If you try to catch it with your intellect,
it will simply fly away.
On the other hand,
if you can still your mind,
someday, when you least expect it,
it will land in the palm of your hand.
Good Day Family,
I'm so happy you are joining me on this “40 Days to a Better You” Journey.
Throughout this Journey it is of great importance to relax, focus, and meditate. In order for us to do that we must first be in a relaxed state of mind, body, and spirit.
Today, I introduce to you Mindful Meditation... What is Mindful Meditation? It is the human ability to be fully present and aware of where you are physically... mentally... and spiritually.
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind...
Throughout this Journey I will share with you 10 tips that will help your Mindful Mediation experience during the Lenten Season.
Tip 1: Create Time & Space
- Choose a time of day that works for you and a quiet place free from
Tip 2: Set a Timer
- Start with 5 minutes and ease your way up to 15-40 minutes.
Tip 3: Find a comfortable sitting position.
- Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor, or if possible you can sit cross legged on the floor.
Tip 4: Check your posture
- Sit up straight with your hands in a comfortable position
- Your neck is long and your chin is tilted slightly downward.
- Your tongue is gently resting on roof of the mouth.
- Relax your shoulders.
- Close your eyes or gaze downward 5-10 feet in front of you.
Tip 5: Take Deep Breaths
- Establish your presence in the body and connect with your intent.
- Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth.
Tip 6: Direct attention to your breath
- Focus on a part of the body where the breath feels most prominent.
- Try not to switch focus.
Tip 7: As you inhale & exhale focus on the breath
- If your attention wanders, return to the breath.
- Let go of all thoughts and feelings of distraction.
TIP 8: Repeat Tips 6 & 7
- The mind will wonder.
- Simply acknowledge this and return to your breath.
TIP 9: Be Kind to yourself
- Don’t be upset if focus occasionally drifts or if you fall asleep.
TIP 10: Prepare for a Soft Landing
- When timer goes off, keep eyes closed until you are ready to open them.
- Be thankful.
- Acknowledge your Mindful Meditation practice with gratitude.
I am hopeful this practice of Mindful Meditation will assist your goal to meditate and reflect on the Love the universe has shared with each one of us....
Robin Parson, 40 Days to a Better You
Partnerships in Fitness, LLC
"Building Strong Minds and Bodies... One Community at a Time..."